Saffron has a history of three thousand years and has many benefits for health & beauty and saffron cake is much tastier than plain cake. In addition, It’s very popular in Iran and Sweden and is a symbol of the sun and life.
Saffron cake can be a very tasty dessert or a cake besides coffee or tea. You can easily make this Saffronie cake at home and enjoy it with friends and family.
Ingredients for Saffron Cake
- 250 grams of flour
- Sugar: 200 grams of sugar
- Milk:3/4 cup
- Egg: 4 eggs
- Ground Saffron: 0.5gr Saffron
- Melted Butter: 50gr
- Honey: 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom: 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla: 1 tsp
- Baking powder: 1 tbsp
- Rose Water: 1 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs: For the bottom of the pan
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Grease a 25cm bundt pan or ring pan and dust it with the breadcrumbs, tapping out the excess.
3) Add ground saffron to milk mix well and set aside to infuse.
4) Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir for a few minutes. Then add melted butter and stir again.
5) Combine honey, milk, saffron and rose water
6) Then add the flour & baking powder that you have sifted several times little by little and Stir with a mixer for 6-10 minutes until light and fluffy.
7) Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
8) Bake for around 30–45 minutes in the preheated oven or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
9) Leave to cool in the pan before turning out onto a serving tray. Dust with icing sugar and serve, sliced, with a good dollop of whipped cream.
10) Enjoy this heavenly saffron cake.
Tips: Do not open the oven door at all in the first half hour, and after 30 minutes you can test the baking of the cake with a wooden slice.